1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Touch screen programming

I have a touch screen table at work and my boss gave it to me to play with it and create a simple app which will open some menus etc.... nothing hard until now. He wants to use some tokens, which will trigger those menus and some gestures like tapping with all fingers will do something. I did a research, but I couldn't find if with html/JavaScript I will be able to define those touch patterns to trigger a function. Or any other recommendations would be much appreciated, there is no rush, so I even have time to start learning new programming languages. Is there a easy way?

PS: the company is Microsoft driven, he will be happy if I learn something which will help me in future projects. I have some xp in python too, but I guess that's out of the question Thank you,
  3. Contributing User

Have you looked in to jQuery Mobile? And jQuery touch events?

I designed a 'clock in system' for my previous employer, which allowed the use of a tablet or touch screen to be used as a keyboard and interactive system similar to what you are talking about (with swipes and touch interaction). It worked great, so let me know if you need any other specific guidance
    Thank You :: John Davies, || Learn how to install WordPress in 5 minutes
    Belira - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Reliable & Professional WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, e-Commerce Website Hosting
    cPanel, Domain Names, SSL Certificates, with A Close & Personal Support 24/7/365
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you for your answer, I'll try this week to use jQuery mobile and let you know.
  7. Contributing User

Great, keep us updated on if you need any further help too!
    Thank You :: John Davies, || Learn how to install WordPress in 5 minutes
    Belira - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Reliable & Professional WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, e-Commerce Website Hosting
    cPanel, Domain Names, SSL Certificates, with A Close & Personal Support 24/7/365

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo