1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Twitter Users Profiles as background

I am looking for some help, I would like to create a background to my webpage by using all my twitter followers profile images ?, I am sure this will require a lot of effort.
    if you look up fixoutlook d*t org they have done it
    have done it the way i would like, Is there a way to do this without gathering individual images, names for the alt tag, etc. Is it possible to see the alt tag behind the head and body div ?

I am a beginner at web dev and web design, so any help will help ?

Thanks,

Mark [new guy]
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It's possible, but I haven't looked at Twitters API to know how easy/hard it is.

Basically the site that you've pointed to doesn't use the images as a "background" in the traditional sense. The images are all set in the page and the main content is overlayed on top of that.

The way that they would do it is:
    1. Make a call to the Twitter API to return the results of all followers
    2. Use the list that's returned to generate the <div>'s that hold each profile picture
    3. Add each <div> to the page structure
    4. Add in new followers as they arise, or if the list is long enough.

It's a bit complicated, but if you can get into learning some back-end programming then you should be alright.

The unfortuante thing is that you can't do this without gathering the details of the images, alt, etc from Twitter itself. You will have to do the work to get the result that you want.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo