1. Cunning Linguist
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Originally Posted by toronado455
    Is there a forum for WAP coding?
    http://forums.devshed.com/mobile-programming-20/
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I just registered, and this was excellent information on what to do and what not to do.

Only problem is this: I am quite new to javascript and am more of a designer. So, often, I am not sure which part of the script is the one causing problems. And sometimes, could it not be a different part of the script that is also impacting on a particular bug or is causing weird behaviours?

Of course, I understand the good sense in only posting the part of the code that gives the problems... But for newbies like me, we just don't know...
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Thumbs up Just try

Originally Posted by summerinsweden1
    But for newbies like me, we just don't know...
    Just try, OK? Use your logic and try to isolate the problem. If you are not able to do that, what makes you think that other people, who don't know as much as you know about your project, will be able to isolate the problems in your place?

Just try. A beginner is not a beginner for ever. Soon you will grow in knowledge and confidence.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The simple solution to this problem is to instead post a link to where the file can be access or alternatively you could upload the file so people can download the code and look at it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks for the search update. If I want add some new update related to that thread should I update in that thread or create a new thread.
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by PeterSullivan
    Thanks for the search update. If I want add some new update related to that thread should I update in that thread or create a new thread.
    Which thread are you talking about? In general it's better to start a new thread and post a link to the old one.

As you (may have) found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo