1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using Submitted HTML From Data to Populate a Database

Hi, I am currently working on a project that requires a Registration Form.

I have the registration form completed, now I need to create a Database that is populated when the end user submits their registration form. I have been trying to figure this out for days and have come up with nothing.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

I have just a simple HTML form:

Code:
    <header> <h1>REGISTER TO DOWNLOAD THE WEBINAR PDF FILE</span></h1> </header> <section> <div id="container_demo" > <!----> <a class="hiddenanchor" id="toregister"></a> <a class="hiddenanchor" id="tologin"></a> <div id="wrapper"> <div id="login" class="animate form"> <form action="(URL address blocked: See forum rules)/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/DRJ2013_Webinar_Jan30.pdf" autocomplete="off" onsubmit="return formValidation();"> <h1>REGISTER</h1> <p> <label for="username" class="uname" data-icon="p" > Your E-Mail Address</label> <input id="email" name="username" required="required" type="text" placeholder="example@domain.com" required pattern="^[a-zA-Z0-9-\_.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9-\_.]+\.[a-zA-Z0-9.]{2,5}$"/> </p> <p> <label for="name" class="yourname" data-icon="p"> Your Full Name</label> <input id="name" name="name" required="required" type="text" placeholder="eg. Firstname Lastname" required pattern="[a-zA-Z ]+"/> </p> <p class="login button"> <input type="submit" value="Register"/> </p> </form> </div> </div> </div> </section>
    And I need this form, when the "Register" button is clicked, to populate a Database with the 'username' and 'email', that can be accessed later.

Any and all help is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you.
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

how could be possibly help you? We neither know your setup nor your abilities nor your concrete problem.

I guess the best thing would be to split the problem into small parts. Need help designing the database table? Go to the SQL people and tell them your concrete requirements. Need help writing the code the process the upload? Google for it. This is a standard procedure which you can find in the manual of your language (whatever that is) and thousands of tutorials. If you got concrete problems, go to the corresponding forum.

If your code is embedded in WordPress (looks like it), that's something you need to tell us.

Be aware that we can neither read minds nor somehow access your server to see what your current setup looks like. Many users believe that, but it's false. We are ordinary people, so we only know what you tell us.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo