Thread: Web Task help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Task help

Hello. I got a test I have to do, though I do not understand the task, can someone explain here is the tasks

Test Formats

You have been provided a simple screen design that we would like to be authored into a XHTML web page, with all layout and styling to be provided within a CSS file.

The web page must:

•Contain all of the background styles.
    •Contain all of the various font classes.
    •Contain all of form fields.
    •Provide some client side validation for the required fields.

Assessment Areas

This test is for us to assess the following skills and your levels in each of the areas:

1.Technical web knowledge & written skills.
    2.Commenting and notation skills.
    3.Coding patterns and layout.
    4.Presentation and formatting skills.

Description

We would like a 1 page description document to accompany your files, to help highlight the work you have done, your approach to the task and any problems that you may have come across and how you tried to overcome them?
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, aziz19.

They want you to demonstrate your skills with (X)HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I'm sorry, but we can't really help you with that. If you are being asked to do this, you need to have this knowledge yourself. (It sure does sound like a person from an HR department was involved in writing that up.)
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Also seeing that you need to give a document assessment at the end about the work you have handed in, it would make more sense to learn it yourself.

I would help you but i'd get into trouble ^^

Kind regards,

NM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo