1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website layout problem

Gey guys,I am new to html,but I learned something so far. My actual problem is that I got backround,and wanted to create an body area (you know for the texts and so...). I used an image for my body,as well as for the background image.

And here the point. Because I used image for my body,it forces menu and all the stuff upper,or lower. Html wont take 2 pictures to be in one place sadly...

I expect that if I will leave it like this,I will be having problems with all the stuff on the page,so somehow I need to change the body,so I can place menu and the rest on it.Somehow I need to define body not as part of the html,or I got it in css,but I am not able to cover picture trough picture...

Thanks for your time for reading this...

Edit: I could not post an picture or even link,so I can send you link in pm, if someone will be interested...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I dont uderstand, butw with my experiance if you put in html for backgroudn picture, and for body another, then picture from body will overlap first pictures, and their where is no body, will show pictures from background.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Robotower
    I dont uderstand, butw with my experiance if you put in html for backgroudn picture, and for body another, then picture from body will overlap first pictures, and their where is no body, will show pictures from background.
    Yes,that is true,but I cant get menu on the body picture. Because the html is taking in note that I got body defined as picture,it places my menu only under it. And for this reason I cant get the menu on body part. It would be much easier to describe with picture...
    Somehow I need to set up that body to something,so I can normally post pictures and text in there...and menu as well.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Filip5
    Yes,that is true,but I cant get menu on the body picture. Because the html is taking in note that I got body defined as picture,it places my menu only under it. And for this reason I cant get the menu on body part. It would be much easier to describe with picture...
    Somehow I need to set up that body to something,so I can normally post pictures and text in there...and menu as well.
    I think i understand naue, you whant to put menus in body, and picture as background in body. Can you use transparent pictures? I think you can in html set transparens of pictures. But not sure.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Robotower
    I think i understand naue, you whant to put menus in body, and picture as background in body. Can you use transparent pictures? I think you can in html set transparens of pictures. But not sure.
    I kinda solved background and body part,(not saying about its resolution but thats different story...)but I still cant get menu to my body... could script "positioning: relative" solve it? I tried to use it,but either I cant get it working...
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, Filip5.

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

There is also a policy that prevents users from posting attachments until they have 30 posts and have been a member for 30 days, so if needed http://imageshack.us/ can be used to host images.

Originally Posted by Filip5
    could script "positioning: relative" solve it?
    When used by a beginner, that often causes as many problems as it solves.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for welcome Kravvitz. Now to the point,I ll try to use that picture... "imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/problemweb.jpg/" (dont forget to add http:// before the url and remove "")

The picture is centered,just cutted in paiting...about the resolution,well,its another story... so now,I would like to add that blue menu in left down corner to the body picture.
    For some reason,padding wont allow me to do that...it always places menu under it or above...
    Can you help me get that menu on the body picture? (The best solution would be somehow bring body back,as I will be posting more texts and pictures on it...
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In what programs you do your web pages?
    If you use Dreamwewer then you might solve this problem with that, because you add menus and so on by click, and then when you get what you whant, see codes, and that whay see on which whay you need to write.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo