1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Why does a website look correct and wrong on the same Explorer version and platform??

I have noticed some websites when viewing on a PC in IE8 or IE9 look correct but when it is viewed on a different PC and in IE8 or IE9 looks wrong!

This is on Windows XP and Win 7??

Why can't Internet Explorer get their act together and stay consistent like other browsers!!
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

IE9 isn't compatible with WinXP.

Would you please give us a specific example or two of differences you've seen between the same version of IE on different computers?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    IE9 isn't compatible with WinXP.

Would you please give us a specific example or two of differences you've seen between the same version of IE on different computers?
    Hi Kravittz,

I can't remember the websites but they were wordpress sites that I was looking at, at the time.

Im thinking is the developer coding this wrong, is the caching garbled or the internet connection corrupt?

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
  7. No Profile Picture
    buildmyweb.org
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i think it will be difficult to answer your question without some specific examples. i dont know what you mean by "wrong". what's wrong about it?

in an example where a nav menu was working quirky we might consider javascript being turned off in one computer's browser, for instance. but js being turned off wont be the source of all problems. :/
    Freelance Web Developer | Web Hosting |
    PHP Applications
    Web Development, Hosting, Graphic Design, SEO

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo