1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can someone help me to fix this?!?!

I have a pop window that is not doing what is supposed to do on IE5. I wanted the user to be able to click a link on the main wondow and popup a window then, from the main window click other links(all links are targets within the popup) and see the pop-up changing, Netscape does it fine, the problem is with IE, the pop up can be found by clicking any links of 'The Glossary' section of my Help homepage at: http://www.hellobrain.com/help/help.asp

Thanks a lot,

Fausto
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

whilst I am sure there is an easy answer - until you find it, just do a window.close() and then reopen the window again - & it will reopen at the right section - not much use - but a good stop-gap! (or start using PHP instead of *** p)
  5. No Profile Picture

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firepages:
    whilst I am sure there is an easy answer - until you find it, just do a window.close() and then reopen the window again - & it will reopen at the right section - not much use - but a good stop-gap! (or start using PHP instead of *** p)[/quote]

I was using window.close(), but on IE5 when the window pops up, it does not allow me to click a link on that that popup and go to a target within that window!
  7. No Profile Picture

The main problem that your having with your code is that the window object needs to be named in your function. You name just like the rest of the paramters. EX. window.open(name="popup" resizable=0 width=100 height =200) --By naming each links function with the same window name the contents will be replaced dynamically without closing the window. Another suggestion would to have your popup windows all in one function. Then have the links passed to this function from an array of links. You simply pass back a value from the onClick event to your function. EX. onClick=" popup(0);" the one would then access the first link element in your array.