1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I canīt find the /public_html folder when I upload my local Wordpress files to host

I use Xtreemhost. Can anybody help?
  3. Standing 3 feet to the left.
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

This is something that you would have to talk to your host about. Someone here might use the same host, but in general we don't know the access path that is set up for users.

However, I would say that if you can't find the public_html, chances are that when you log in your landing/root folder is the public_html folder. So try to upload it right when you log in. If that doesn't work, you could always try to just create a public_html folder in your root folder, upload there, and see what happens.
    I'd rather teach you to fish than give you a fish. I reserve the right to also slap you with the fish.
  5. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

There's are also other types of control panel software that don't use public_html as a folder for your files, so unless you are logging into your root folder straight away, there will be something else set up there, so check what other directories are set up and see if they make sense. It could be named almost anything but it will most likely be something like "wwwroot' or 'www' or 'home' or something else that conveys the meaning of the folder.

Comments on this post

• Tukaro agrees
    • sir_drinxalot agrees : httpdocs is another common one (plesk)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo