1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Table problem ?!?!

Hello, I'm very confused right now because i dont know what i am doing wrong...
    Code:
    <table border="1" width="300">
                    <tr><th colspan="4"></th><th colspan="2"></tr>
                    <tr><td rowspan="2" colspan="2"></td><td rowspan="2"></td><td colspan="2"></td><td></td></tr>
                    <tr><td rowspan="3"></td><td rowspan="2" colspan="2"></td><td></td></tr>
                    <tr><td colspan="3"></td></tr>
                    <tr><td></td><td></td><td></td><td></td><td></td></tr>
                </table>
    This works well,but if i delete the <td> from the 3rd row(last one)...it makes the rowspan dissapear...as if i only have 4 rows...
    I'm confused because i have an extra cell on 3rd row and i can;t delete it... Any help would be gladly appreciated... thank you.
  3. Contributing User

<tr></tr> cannot exist and display without the <td></td> as table row (<tr>) is just a container indicating that it is a new row in the table but data for the row will not work without the table data tag (<td>) and therefore when you remove that tag you no longer have a table row as such but just a containing tag waiting for content.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by simplypixie
    <tr></tr> cannot exist and display without the <td></td> as table row (<tr>) is just a container indicating that it is a new row in the table but data for the row will not work without the table data tag (<td>) and therefore when you remove that tag you no longer have a table row as such but just a containing tag waiting for content.
    But on the 3rd row ill still have one cell ( <td> ). <code><tr><td rowspan="3"></td><td rowspan="2" colspan="2"></td></tr></code>
  7. Contributing User

Sorry I thought you said when you remove the <td> from the 3rd row it doesn't work. Please just post exactly which row you are trying to amend and what you are trying to remove.
  9. No Profile Picture

Well i want to do a table:
    Code:
    <html>
        <head></head>
            <body>
                <table border="1" width="300">
                    <tr><th colspan="4">&nbsp;</th><th colspan="2">&nbsp;</th></tr>
                    <tr><td rowspan="2" colspan="2">&nbsp;</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="2">&nbsp;</td><td colspan="2">&nbsp;</td><td colspan="1">&nbsp;</td></tr>
                    <tr><td rowspan="3" colspan="1">&nbsp;</td><td rowspan="2" colspan="2">&nbsp;</td><td></td></tr>
                    <tr><td colspan="3">&nbsp;</td></tr>
                    <tr><td colspan="3">&nbsp;</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="1">&nbsp;</td><td rowspan="2" colspan="1">&nbsp;</td></tr>
                    <tr><td colspan="2" rowspan="1">&nbsp;</td><td colspan="3" rowspan="1">&nbsp;</td></tr>
                    <tr><td colspan="4" rowspan="2">&nbsp;</td><td colspan="2" rowspan="2">&nbsp;</td></tr>

</table>

</body>
    </html>
    <--- Thats how my code looks right now. I can't seem to make it work. I found a online table generator , and i tried making a 6x8 table and merging the cells from that image, yet even that didn't work!

The table should look like:

URL address blocked(YAY)
    AAAABB
    CCDEEF
    CCDHSS
    NNNHSS
    GGGHPT
    IIMMMT
    AAAABB
    AAAABB

It's a 6x8 table, where you see the same letter consecutive the cells are merged, so the first cell AAAA -4 merged cells. BB-2 merged cells
    CC
    CC - 4 cells merged ,2 top 2 bot etc

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo