Thread: Ebay layout

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ebay layout

I notice that the ebay's search and listing layout changes when my screen resolution changes. For example, if my screen resolution is 800x600, ebay's layout changes to a more compact version so that it can fit on my screen.

Is there a way to trick ebay into thinking that my screen resolution is NOT 800x600 so that it display the normal and not compact version of its layout?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by huyvu90
    Is there a way to trick ebay into thinking that my screen resolution is NOT 800x600 so that it display the normal and not compact version of its layout?
    Ebay makes use of CSS media queries to do this. It's a technique called Responsive Design. In order to prevent this, you'll need to use a browser such as Internet Explorer 8 or before (One that doesn't support CSS3).

I'd imagine there is also a Chrome or Firefox extension that can prevent media queries too.

[EDIT] I actually answered your question without looking at Ebay, since you were describing the tell-tale behaviors of responsive design. I just visited ebay, though, and I cannot replicate the resizing behavior you are describing. So, without being able to replicate it, I'm not sure I can give you a conclusive answer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo