Thread: Hello :-)

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Hello :-)

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have been playing around with web design for a few years. Mostly in HTML. I am new to WordPress, but I really like it so far.

I am doing a website for a local insurance company and I need some help with directing them to a website that gives quotes. I don't know where to start and forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I took programming in high school, but it was very basic and a long time ago.

I need to make a form that will collect data from a customer (name,email, phone) once the customer hits the submit button than it will take them to another website. On that website I need to make a program or something. There will be two questions: 1) Have you had insurance for the past 30 days? 2) Are you looking for the cheapest insurance? Depending if they pick yes or no for both of them that "program" will send them to another link. Basically my two questions are suppose to decide where to send the customer too.

If anyone can help me by directing me where to start I would really appreciate it!!! If anyone has any tutorials on how to do something like this it would really help me out a lot!

Thank You in advance!!!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You need to use something other than HTML to do it. Either JavaScript if you can do it only on the client side, or something like PHP/Perl/Python/Ruby/ASP/etc. if you want to do it on the server side.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, RaT48.

Since you're using WordPress, PHP would be the best choice.

once the customer hits the submit button than it will take them to another website.
    Why do you need to send people to a second website?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

This is an insurance website so they use a seprate provider who does the insurance quotes. This provider has a plugin that you copy and paste on your website.

The company that I am doing the website for uses two different quote providers. So before I redirect someone to either of the providers I need to figure out where to direct them based on two questions. And also collect their information using a simple form.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo