1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face Simple HTML to show an XML feed in same page with style - PLEASE HELP

Hello all,

I have tried so many things to get this to work but to no avail, can someon eplease help me out here with a simple script for n XML steam feed.

URL IS HERE...............sorry cannot post it but an XML feed to load up in the same page............

OK NOW THE ISSUE IS:

I have a blank webpage which I have placed the above link into, I simply want the contents of the XML feed from the link to appear in my page.......

How do I make the contents of that url appear on the same page??

SO I NEED THE SMALL SCRIPT OR HTML CODE TO DO THIS

Also I would like to have the background a certain colour and use a certain font like 12point arial with bold headings and lower case text.

Can someone please provide me with the html to allow this XML feed to appear on my webpage with a different colour background, arial 12pt font in bold

and lowercase

Could someone pleasde please help me..........

With regards

Mathew
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's a little hard to tell from what you wrote. But, I think what you are looking for is an AJAX script to pull in the XML, then CSS can take care of the formatting.

Look up how to process a XMLHttpRequest in javascript (or another scripting language). That will let you put the XML file into an array. Then, you can use (javascript) document.write() to put the pieces on your page.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you so so very much for getting back to me, ok javascript is the suggestion then, ok I'll start down this path now....i didnt realise that something that seems so simple has become so complex, again thank you for pointing me in the right direction, your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo