1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

We should add Validator to our Tools

Well I thought I should share this site it helps me fix errors in my html.

http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I need to use the Validation to check my webpage to make sure I have no errors. When I fix the errors my pages changes and does not look the same. What can I do to fix all the errors without loosing my pages look.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

help me fix errors

I have three problems with my site. Can you help me fix these errors.

Line 76, Column 42: required attribute "action" not specified
    <form name="Fountains" id="order" >

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

Line 216, Column 8: end tag for "tbody" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    </table>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

Line 81, Column 11: start tag was here
    <tbody>

Line 224, Column 17: end tag for "select" which is not finished
    </select> <span class="selectRequiredMsg">Please select an

Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists require appropriate list items (<ul> and <ol> require <li>; <dl> requires <dt> and <dd>), and so on.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have had help thanks you everyone. I still have no been able to fix this error.

Line 231, Column 17: end tag for "select" which is not finished

Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists require appropriate list items (<ul> and <ol> require <li>; <dl> requires <dt> and <dd>), and so on.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

</div><span id="spryselect1"><select name="select1" id=
    "select1">
    item.</span></span> <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    <!--
    var spryselect1 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationSelect("spryselect1");
    //-->
    //]]>
    </script>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Where should the </select> be?
  11. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

So you know: When we see people answering their own questions within hours or minutes, we'll leave their thread alone because they'll probably continue to answer their own questions.

Originally Posted by Bykenhaal
    Where should the </select> be?
    Allow me to answer that with
    Originally Posted by Bykenhaal
    Here, the parent element is the <select> and the required child element is an <option>. It is only required for HTML 4; HTML 5 allows for empty <select>s.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo