1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

simple form posts to same page

I have a form, that posts to the same page. If the form variables are in the $_POST, other info from the database is displayed instead of the form.

The issue is that the form doesn't post to the same page, it basically does nothing on submit.
    Here ids the code:
    Code:
    <div id="distributor-form">

<form class="forms contact-form" id="form1" action="distributor-login.php" method="post"> 

<div class="row">
    									<div class="col-sm-6 name-field">
    										<input type="text" name="email" class="defaultText required username" title="Email (Required)"/>
    									</div><!-- /.col -->
    								</div><!-- /.row -->

<div class="row">
    										<input type="text" name="psswd" class="defaultText password" title="Password"/>
    									</div><!-- /.col -->
    								</div><!-- /.row -->

</form>
    								 <button type="submit" class="btn btn-default btn-submit" value="submit">Login</button>
    Any ideas?

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

You would want to put the submit button inside the form.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hi DSmabismad, thanks for the reply. Made the change, and still nothing on "submit." Downloaded the file to make sure the change was uploaded, looks right, but doesn't work.

sample::
    Code:
     <div class="row">
    										<input type="text" name="psswd" class="defaultText password" title="Password"/>
    									</div><!-- /.col -->
    								</div><!-- /.row -->
    								 <button type="submit" class="btn btn-default btn-submit" value="submit">Login</button> 
    								</form>
    really not sure what's up.

-Sean
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That change submits the form for me, in the latest Chrome and Firefox browsers on windows, with just that html on the page, no doctype.

If a <button></button> actually submits a form is a html5 feature and is dependent on the doctype of the page.

It could also be that your form processing code is looking for a form field name that doesn't exist. Only the "email" and "psswd" fields have names in your form and only those two will exist in the $_POST data.

You could also have some javascript involved that is preventing the form from being submitted.

Edit: you could also have another opening <form> tag, using method='get', above the one you are showing, without a closing </form> tag and the one you are showing us isn't in affect.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thumbs up yes, thanks

Thanks DSmabismad, I will check all the factors, thought I was losing my mind : )
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi,

you can use this trick to your problem solve
    Code:
    <html><head><title>Simple Form Post to Same Page</title></head><body><form action=" ">Name<input type="text"><input type="button" value="submit/></form></body></html>
    Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo