1. Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Copying HTML Code

How much HTML code are we allowed to copy from other sites? Morally, not to avoid copywrite issues. No one cares about that, right?

I say doing so is ok, as a second option after trying to learn how to do it.

It is when we see a design layout that looks cool and want it is where the remorse comes into play.

As long as your web site deserves to have a better design, it is ok, right?
  3. Registered User

How about up to 5% of a site's source code?

5. No Profile Picture

I think there is no any copyright present or HTML.
  7. Impoverished Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There is no set amount. The issue is mostly about copying appearance and functionality, not underlying markup.
  9. No Profile Picture

There is no issue of copyright on html code. I don't think so it is act of any copyright.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi as long as your content that shows in the front end are Original, there is no need to worry about it. Again your content should be original - images, texts, etc.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by gaming77
    How much HTML code are we allowed to copy from other sites? Morally, not to avoid copywrite issues. No one cares about that, right?

I say doing so is ok, as a second option after trying to learn how to do it.

It is when we see a design layout that looks cool and want it is where the remorse comes into play.

As long as your web site deserves to have a better design, it is ok, right?
    hello dude! HTML is an open source markup language, you can copy all html code from other's site if you need. It's not illegal. but still if you have any problem to copy from others site then you can find all HTML code from w3schools.
  15. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Some developers sometimes copy the HTML and CSS of other websites. It is not like replicating the design exactly.

If they a find a particular section interesting, they would copy that use it on their websites with some modification in the design because no one wants to build a website that looks exactly like another website.

I am not sure if anyone completely copies the HTML of a website. Clients may not like it if they find out the design is a replication and that would ruin the credibility of the designer.

I think some people may do this in the learning stage but that is different.

Regards,

Pavithra Ramesh
    Spidergems

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo