1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2003 Server Date Problem

If this is posted to the wrong forum ... I apologise in advance.

I'm running a 2003 Server (full version not the cut down web version) which has SQL server 2000 installed and periodically Windows keeps changing the clock to be several decades in the future or the past.

I've searched the knowledge base to no avail, but wondered if anyone knew of similar problems and what the cause could be?

I'm sinking with my ISP's NTP server, but 2k3 does not allow me to select the intervals myself. I was thinking of scheduling a script to sync the clock every ten minutes or so ... but I'd rather fix the problem properly.

M3ckon
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This could be a hardware problem.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I considered this, but I'm not sure if it's the case. The reason I dismiss it is... if something affected the bios clock, such as hardware, it would not affect the date or time displayed in the os until there was a rebbot. Since the server does not get rebooted, this should not be the case. Or do you think otherwise??

M3ckon
  7. No Profile Picture

Problem with W32time Service

Is there any type of errors popping up in the Event Viewer?

In addition, go to the following website and checkout the section on Time Configuration. It looks like W2k3 Server uses a command called w32tm. Try typing w32tm /? in a command window and see what you get.

Try to do a search on registry entries for W32Time Service and you should get some useful information.

Hope that helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo