1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Anonymous FTP access

Hi, im trying to configure anonymous FTP access in IIS7. I have a FTP server offering support files for download to ANYONE. I need to configure my FTP server to allow anonymous access to a specific directory. I have created a directory C:/FTP/public/ and in IIS managment console have added anonymous authentication and added anonymous users only. Basic authentication is disabled.

The default username for IIS anonymous access appears to be IUSR with no password, when i pass ftp://anonymous@ftp.domain.com i get prompted for a username and password.

How can i just login anonymously with NO password and pass this directly from a link such as

<a href="ftp://anonymous@ftp.server.com"><Support Downloads</a>

Also, is it possible for these users to browse the contents of the FTP server via the web browser? Will it do this automatically or do i need some king of index?

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I have no idea about FTP, but the anonymous user account for IIS HTTP is IUSR_<computername> not just IUSR. You can review the user accounts and groups on the server if you have admin access to it.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo