1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy ASP Pages don't load in IIS 5.1 for XP, continuously wait

ASP Pages don't load in IIS 5.1 for XP, continuously wait.

I have this very same website running same version of SQL server but on two different OS's. The website with the very same configuration, but running on Win2k with IIS 5.0 is working perfect. But the system running with IIS 5.1 on XP continuously loads and never displays ASP pages. After a few moments, if i refresh, it says that there is too much traffic to display the page. I am not worried about the second error, because I can simply fix that by disabling 'HTTP keep alive'.

I searched for people that had similar problems, and what I found is that the problem seems to have originated from a Critical Update and users are either switching to Win2K or went with Apache rather than IIS.

3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Do you have any antivirus script blocking running? If yes, try disabling it for testing, also try disabling any firewall software for testing.

I run IIS 5.1 on fully up-to-date XP Pro with no problems.
  5. No Profile Picture

Machy,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am having the exact same problem and can't figure out what is going on.
  7. No Profile Picture

nod

Me too! A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by sarahsimons
    Machy,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am having the exact same problem and can't figure out what is going on.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sarahsimons
    Machy,

11. No Profile Picture

Hi Root88,

My issue ended up being two fold. The issue had to do with the file system object trying to write out to an error file. Disabling script checking on Norton stopped the hang. After that I also had to give the anonymous web user write rights to the error file directory to get it working. I'm away from home now, but I can post links to the msdn site with specifically how to do this if in a few days if this posting isn't enough to solve your issue. Let me know.

Sarah

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo