1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is There A Way To Make Batch / Global Changes To IIS Zone Properties?

I know this is a pretty specific question, but with the prospect of saving many hours of work I thought it was worth asking, in case someone here was an IIS guru.

I've got a server in charge of DNS for close to a thousand websites and I need to make a change in IIS to the DNS Forward Lookup Zone settings. Right now on each domain I have to right-click, goto Properties, goto Name Server tab and add a domain name, then goto the Zone Transfers tab and check "Allow Zone Transfers" and select "Only to servers listed in the Name Servers tab". Yes that takes 30-45 seconds to do, but multiply that x 1000 and your looking at 10 hours of making all these edits.

I was hoping there was a way to batch process or globally change these properties, anyone have any ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Can't you make your changes in the DNS server itself? I didn't even know you could modify DNS zones from within IIS.

In earlier versions of IIS Microsoft had some IIS administrative scripts available for download. I assume they still do, although I haven't used IIS is a few years now.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo