September 21st, 2003, 01:41 AM
I cannot Browse my site
I cannot browse my site from my network. I have tried http://www.mysite.com, http://IPAddress, and http://localhost, but all not working. Here are my configurations:
1. In my IE, Lan Settings, I have Automatic Detect Settings disabled.
2. I have a Netgear Router with IP:192.168.0.1. This in turn has port forwarding to 192.168.0.2 (which is my site's computer). Everything works, people can see my site.
Here are the error messages :
1. http://www.mysite.com gives "Cannot find server or DNS Error"
2. http://localhost or http://localhost/default.htm gives a blank page with nothing on it, I am sure default.htm has some wording on it.
3. http://IpAddess gives "Cannot find server or DNS Error"
(My browser has friendly HTTP error turned off)
Thanks so much for all your help ...
September 21st, 2003, 02:36 PM
September 21st, 2003, 08:03 PM
(I thought I put this as a different thread since it's a different issue)
I am running Windows XP Pro with IIS 5.1 that comes with it.
September 21st, 2003, 08:27 PM
A couple things, if you weren't the Administrator user when you installed IIS on XP you will have strange problems.
If you are running Norton script blocking or other script blocking try disabling it.
If you have the XP firewall enabled open port 80 or disable the firewall (for testing anyway)
Verify you can ping the server computer from whichever other computer you're trying to use, or try telnet to port 80