1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

can't start personal web manager

hey,

i am really new at this so go easy on me ...

i've installed IIS on windows 2000 professional. when i open the manager and i want to click the start button, NOTHING happens. i should also mention that the root folder is not specified and webpublishing is disabled and the introduction page is not available ...

what should i do ...

i do have apache installed but not running on port 8080
    and wingate but also offline

thanx!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

IIS will try to start on port 80 and if there is another web server there (apache) then it will fail.

You should be able to use the IIS Service Manager in Administrative Tools to change the IIS port number.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,
    I also have this problem, i new to asp and iis, i have macromedia coldfusion installed, but i have the relevent coldfusion service threads under "service" in administrate tools put under "manual" . Will this help? I also have apache tomcat installed, but i don't find any related service threads in the service section(its activated by command line anyway).

Also as my computer is standalone, do i need to connect to internet or hook up to a LAN, or have a network card installed as a mininum in order to start IIS? (as read from book). I do have tcp/ip installed. I using win 2k.

thanks in advance

E.T

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo