1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up Complete Installation of PHP on windows server under IIS 6.0 .. Best

Hello everyone,

I put together this morning, a well laid out explanation on how to setup PHP on a Windows Server ( Enterprise Edition ) under IIS version 6.0.

I went trough all kinds of tutorial trying to install PHP.
    I kept getting 404 errors.

But I now got it figured out. So I want to share with you, what I did.

Click on the link below to see the complete installation guide with image to also help you understand what you're doing.

http://s92192454.onlinehome.us./PHP_...under_IIS.html

Share your knowledge.

Benjamin M.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nice instruction set, Ben. Should certainly help some folks. I do have a couple of side notes for ya tho.

1. Utilizing the default web site is OK if you're absolutely certain that you'll never want to host more than one. I made that mistake when I setup mine. Wish I had seen this thread about Name Based hosting first.

2. In configuration of Web Service Extensions I added .PHP under the 'Scripts' option rather than 'Scripts and Executables'. There may be zero practical difference but I didn't want to inadvertently allow executables when I never planned to use them. Seemed a more secure setup to me. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on that.

Nice bit of work and thanks for sharing.
    Gordon
    ======
    ECNCweather.com
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the link to the thread.
    You showed it to me just when I needed it. Awesome.

As you know, setting up php on IIS for the first time for a novice can be a pain in the butt. So I hope with the setup and instructions I put together, it'll help lots of folks.

Again thank you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo