1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Need help adding server variable to Allowed list in IIS 6

I have a set of instructions for adding a server variable named HTTP_Authorization to the "Allowed Server Variables" list, using URL Rewrite module in IIS 7:

(1) Open IIS and select "Default Web Site", then open the "URL Rewrite" feature
    (2) Within URL Rewrite option, select the "Allowed Server Variables" option
    (3)Click on Add... and type "HTTP_Authorization" in Server variable name

I'm wondering if it is possible to accomplish this functionality in IIS 6 on a Windows Server 2003 ? Unfortunately the URL Rewrite module is not compatible with IIS 6. This function is required to manage IP camera streams in a home automation project.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I think upgrading to windows with IIS7 is the only solution. I believe there are some 3rd party ISAPI rewrite plugins available that will work on IIS6, but I never used any myself.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Doug G
    I think upgrading to windows with IIS7 is the only solution. I believe there are some 3rd party ISAPI rewrite plugins available that will work on IIS6, but I never used any myself.
    Yes I've seen IIRF, for example, but haven't seen any reference to what I'm trying to do.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo