1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hosting multiple sites with Win2k pro

Does anyone know a way to host more than 1 web site with Win2000 Professional and IIS.

I have found 1 very unelegant solution that involved editing the registry but I do not want to get into that.

Thanks.
  3. Contributing User

If you mean with different IP addresses, then simply add the IP addresses to your IP configuration (under Advanced options) and then enter each unique IP address into each website in IIS.
    -Dave
  5. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally posted by WineIsGood
    If you mean with different IP addresses, then simply add the IP addresses to your IP configuration (under Advanced options) and then enter each unique IP address into each website in IIS.
    -Dave
    AFAIK Win2K Pro is limited to a single website, where Win2K Server allows multiple sites on multiple IP's. I think this process will only work on Win2K server.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi
  7. Contributing User

Ah yes, you are correct. The only other way would be to setup aliases (virtual directories) to point to different directories, however only the default website could run, so you'd have to access them with a subdirectory name of the alias, like this: \\server\alias1, etc.
    -Dave
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks all. that's what I thought.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo