1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

HTTP 500 - The local Security Authority cannot be contacted

Hello All

I have this error that am struggling to resolve, so i'd really appreciate your help.

I am trying to login to web application. I have IIS authentication set to Windows auth. When I login (machine outside network), i enter the username and password and it works fine. This is exactly how i want it to work.

However, if anyone else tries to login (also outside network), they get Http 500 error!!!

I disabled http friendly errors and now i get "The local Security Authority cannot be contacted" Error

I thought it might be a browser settings, but even when i tried using the same machine, it still works for me but not for others.. I tried changing permissions for others but no luck so I doubt it has anything to do with permissions!!

Anyone can help please?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you logged in your domain using a vpn maybe? You could try going to some other comptuer that has never been on your domain and won't have your windows login credentials cached. Windows authentication kind of implies your users are all on your network.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the response

No, I'am not using VPN, am using a url on the outside to connect to the site

Any clue?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Windows only authentication in IIS will log you on from your windows user credentials. Generally if you're at an external site you're not logged on your windows network so you won't get logged on. If you're taking your own computer to a remote location and access your IIS you probably will get logged on OK because windows caches your windows credentials to allow you to use your laptop when you aren't physically connected to the network.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  9. No Profile Picture

Well, this is exactly what is happening. So am logging in my my laptop and I can login with no problems.

However, a friend of mine can't login using his own domain username and password..!! We both have same privileges!!
  11. No Profile Picture

Exclamation I'm having the same problem.

I'm just having the same problem.

If somebody know the reason and how to solve it, please help us.

Thanks!.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo