Thread: Iis 6

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Iis 6

Hi ,

I have some enquiry about IIS6 that I will like to seek advice.

I have server A that is hosting an application and i have a domain registered( www. test. com ). I have another application that is residing in server B.

I will like to ask whether is there any setting in IIS 6 that I can configure that when i click on (www. test. com) and in the website i have a hyperlink to direct the page to the files in server B. Do I need to register a new domain for server B? Is there any other resolution that I do not need to register a new domain ?

Appreciate for your help.
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

what is the hyperlink supposed to look like?

If you want the links to look like the files actually resided on server A (e. g. www.test.com/files/kitten.jpg), then you have to use reverse proxying: Your server A will accept the request for /files/kitten.jpg, pass it on to server B, fetch the data and then send it back to the client.

This happens behind the scenes, so you can simply use the raw IP of server B. However, it means that all traffic will be routed through server A – if that's a problem.

You should also check whether your domain reseller allows you to add free subdomains. Then you could use a domain like static.test.com and have that point to server B.
    The 6 worst sins of securityHow to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why can’t I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo