1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IIS 7 certificate - under the bindings the SSL certificate name is getting changed dy

Hi

I am facing the following problem on IIS 7 -
    1) I have created a new website on the IIS 7
    2) I have installed the third party certificate (which is valid) on the IIS 7
    3) Next, selected the website created in the first step and clicked on the bindings and assigned the certificate created in the second step to the website. By providing the following details to the certificate on the bindings popup ..
    Type: https
    IPaddress: unassigned
    port: 443
    SSL certificate: SELECTED THE FRIENDLY NAME created while installing the certificate

Now the problem is, lets say today I setup the configuration and my website is working properly and next day right after log in to the website by providing the correct credentials, the page cannot be displayed error has been appeared.

Then I have checked on the IIS bindings and found that under the bindings section the SSL certificate name has been reset to NOT SELECTED and not how it was happened. And then I reset the SSL certificate name to the friendly name which I have given, then my website started working fine.

This is happening once a day (in the morning OR in the span of 24 hours) and not sure how the SSL certificate name been reset to default.

Request your help.

Regards
    Bala
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Not to sure where to start on that one, but you may be able to find what's causing it by looking in event viewer at your application logs. See if there is something related to IIS (or the website) that reoccurs on a regular interval. You can also checkout the logs for the site in IIS and see if that gives you a clue.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo