Thread: IIS cookies

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IIS cookies

Hi,

I want to replicate the functionality of an apache cookie mechanism on IIS 6.0. Could some one please tell me how this is feasible? I am using mason. I found couple of articles on IIS cookies but they were all targetted on ASP but I am using html/mason/perl.

Thanks,

Charmie
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

cookies are a browser thing and the only thing IIS does is pass cookies back and forth through the http headers, How cookies are generated/manipulated is up to your code on the server and/or the browser.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am new to this so if you can give me a link to some real good tutorial or something I will really appreciate it. This website was earlier on apache and the .htaccess file uses apachecookie. How do I replicate the same functionality without Apache. I am using windows server 2003 and IIS 6.0
    Thanks,
    Charmie
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This website was earlier on apache and the .htaccess file uses apachecookie. How do I replicate the same functionality without Apache.
    I don't know, everything I saw from a quick search was about apache::cookie as a perl module. If you have perl installed just get the module, I guess? Also, somewere there is an add-on to IIS that supports using .htaccess files to some degree, but I've never used it and don't have any names or links.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo