Thread: Iis + Php = 403

1. Plays with fire
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Iis + Php = 403

Hi--

Not sure when this started, but a server I'm using with IIS and PHP is now returning 403 errors.

All the HTML pages work fine and PHP did work fine until something happened. Rumor has it worked fine even AFTER it was turned into a DNS server for a website, but I can't confirm.

This is driving my sysadmin and me crazy. Any help is appreciated!

:grimey
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'd start by verifying all permission settings on the web server needed by IIS are set correctly.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. Plays with fire
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Hey, Doug, thanks for the reply.

It's funny how I've read about dozens of other people with the same problem and each one found a *different* solution and how none of those worked for me.

Being a programmer, I know virtually nothing about the server so our admin did most of the work. She tells me she had to change the defaultApplicationPool to use the IWAM account and assign a password.

Though this means little to me, hopefully someone will benefit.

Thanks again!

:grimey
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I went into the default application pool/properties/identity and changed from Predefined: Network Service to Configurable: IWAM_"ServerName"

Fixed the problem. The better question would be how it got changed...Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo