1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Another IIS Routing Issue - I think

History: Prior to last friday, our internet site was not visible outside our network, viewing from inside the network was not a problem. We talked to the people that manage our router (Integra), and they finally made some changes that made it visible to everyone on the internet.

Problem: Since they made the changes to the router/firewall to make it visible to the outside world, we cannot view it internally. I can be sitting at the web server, type in the non routable static IP of the web server and I get either a blank page or "page cannot be displayed". I have called Integra and they said that we either have a problem in our web server settings or we need a NAT device internally. Both of these sound like BS to me, but they swear up and down that it's not a problem they caused, or can fix.

Question: Do you have any idea if there is a setting that could cause a problem like this in IIS? Have you ever heard of anything like this before or do you know anyone that has? Is this something I could take care of by making an entry into our PDC's host file?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dsrt; February 4th, 2004 at 10:08 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Unless you set some IP restrictions within IIS, this sounds like a network issue, not an IIS issue. You can try pings, telnet to port 80 & so forth trying to isolate the problem.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo