1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IIS Server Issue[Web page cant display]..

Hi,

We have running iis6.0 at windows server 2003 with windows authentication and also enable the annoyum access as well.and most of the user able to connect with our application which is running with our iis server and only 5% of our user not able to connect the application by the URL.they have the following error.

Web Page cant displayed error.

and we are running with asp.net 2.0 version.and this issue really give us a lot of trouble and please help us to provide the information what cause the issue and all of our user connect with their ad account[active directory account] to our application.

people who are not able to connect with URL , but able to ping with URL and it's return success.

waiting for your valuable reply.

with regards,

//Mk..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What are the details of the error message?
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

First of all Thanks a lot for your reply and i have used Fiddler Tool and i have found the exact error which is following,

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
    Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

it happen only some user where all the user using their ad[active directory] account to connect our application. and we have windows authentication and annoyms authentication check at directory of the web server.

waiting for your valuable information.

With Regards,
    //Mk..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Best I can offer is that you carefully review the windows permission settings on your web directory and files. Access denied is generally due to wrong permission settings.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo