1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Turn off IIS temporarily?

I'm trying to learn how to host WCF Services. I know how to stop IIS, by right clicking and telling to stop. But when the computer reboots it will turn back on.

I don't know what is the best option. I want to try to host my service in Windows services now instead of IIS. I'm afraid there will be a conflict if I try to host both at the same time. Besides doesn't that waste resources?

Besides if I'm not using IIS on a daily basis it should be turned off from what i understand.

I'm using Windows 7 and IIS 7.

I need to use IIS and the Windows Service I develop on only when i need it--not for it to come on automatically.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Here is the answer: it is found at http: //complete-concrete-concise.com/web-tools/disabling-the-microsoft-internet-information-server-iis. (remove space).

Basically I went to Run on the start menu. I typed "services.msc" without the quotes. I got a list of services in the Services dialog box. I found IIS Admin Service. I right clicked it and switched to Manual so i can turn it off and on when i got ready.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo