Thread: IIS7 as MTA

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IIS7 as MTA

I have domain xyz.com. I'm sending mail using MTA. through Symantec Cloud. My setup is as follows.

[Symantec Cloud]<->[MTA]<->[Local Mail domain]

all the mail out side the domain(xyz.com) goes through MTA and then through Symantec. Out side mails are coming through Symantec Cloud then to the MTA and to the local server.

I was planning to configure IIS7 with SMTP on Windows Server 2008 as the MTA. Is it possible to use IIS7 ?

[I have installed IIS and SMTP service.
    the problem is how to configure the mail coming from the symentec cloud (from out side domains such as gmail.com,yahoo.com) to MTA which is belong to XYZ.com

and then forward to the local mail server. Then emails which given to the MTA by the local mail server (which is not belongs to xyz.com such as gmail.com, yahoo.com) forward to the symantec cloud to send.

the xyz.com's MX record is resolve as clusterXus.messagelabs.com]
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know if IIS provides anything other than SMTP to help your needs. Perhaps the online documentation knows, or someone who uses IIS may jump in here.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo