1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy ISS after internet connection doesnt work

I just got a new computer and everything is brand new installed... but heres a starnge problem: Before i connnect to the internet (with a dial-up connection) ISS services are workig just fine.. i can see all the web pages i created and work normaly, but after the dial-up it seems the ISS service is stoped (but it isnt) and the default error i get is "The page cannot be displayed... Cannot find server or DNS Error". Ive tried almost everything i knew.. but i got nothing Does anyone knows how can this happen?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

When you connect by dialup new routing is created on your computer with new default gateways, etc. There are some settings in the dialup network setup that might help, look around there for settings about your gateway.
  5. No Profile Picture

idont have a clue

I tried to figure out how the router would change the config. of the proy server.. and i tried a lot of other things... but a havnt been able to solve the problem. It seems its because of the proxy server config. but how can i solve this thing?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

How are you referencing your local pages? http://localhost should work properly regardles of your dialup connection state.
  9. No Profile Picture

localhost is broken too

The way im referencing the local pages is the normal way: http://localhost .. but i tried with http://127.0.0.1 hpp://"mycomputername" .. and anything works.
    When i ping localhost or ping 127.0.0.1 .. i get a positive reply wich means something is working.. but i cant see how. The same error is always present after the dialup.. i have to rebbot the computer to work with localhost again
  11. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb Default website settings awry

Hi

Sounds like you have the same problem I had. In the IIS Administrative panel right click your default website and select properties. under the "web site" tab you need to make sure the ip address field reads (all unassigned) if your ip address is in there, then that is the only place IIS will allow connections from.

I had the same problem for ages.

Hope this helps and isn't too late.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo