1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Issues with IIS 5.1 and .Net

I installed IIS 5.1 on my Windows XP Pro.
    I already had VS 2008 installed.
    Also, I already had the below sub-directories in the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ directory:
    v1.0.3705
    v1.1.4322
    v2.0.50727
    v3.0
    v3.5

I renamed the default website header to "localweb", and created two virtual directories under it. One (testsite1) pointed to an asp page-default.asp, and the other (testsite2) pointed to an aspx page-default.aspx.

on typing http://localweb/, the default.html page opens which contains two links, one for each virtual directory. both of them are showing the same error below:

Error 500 The website cannot display the page

on turning the "friendly error messages" off on IE i get the below error on both links:

" Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance. "

Please assist guys.....
  3. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

.. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. ..
    So did you?
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi
  5. No Profile Picture

yes i did and found the below message:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/testsite1'. The error was 'Class not registered'.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My guess is renaming your website caused your problem, or something didn't go well with your IIS installation. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling IIS.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi
  9. No Profile Picture

If you want to use asp.net then I would recommend using IIS 6 or IIS 7 as application pools are managed properly on IIS 6 / 7 which is not available in IIS 5

Regards,
    ST
    Professional UK Web Hosting
    http://www.storminternet.co.uk/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo