1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Problem: Local home directory and Remote home directory is different

I am building multiple sites, located in my c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder as:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sitename\
    site 1 content

site2 content

site3 content

In my local server I have to use folder names (/sitename/) in all of my URL related tags like pictures, CSS styles, redirect commands, include files, form actions etc..
    But I have to strip the /sitename/ part from all of the URL descriptions before I upload...
    When I update the site, same thing again. Put the /sitename/ , update, test, strip /sitename/ and upload

I tried almost everything in IIS control panel. Changed 100s of times web site properties. But nothing happened.

There must be a way to set up IIS to make each individual site folder as a root web directory...

Any help wil be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sweet smell of a great sorrow lies over the land. Plumes of smoke rise, merge into the leaden sky. A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers, but awakes to a morning with no reason for waking. He's haunted by the memory of lost paradise. In his youth or dream, he can't be precise. He's chained forever to a world that's departed. It's not enough, it's not enough.
    Gilmour
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Sounds like you need to set up virtual hosts. Unfortunatey I can't tell you anything about how to do that in IIS, but maybe that will point you in the right direction.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The server version of IIS will allow you to set up multiple websites. The workstation version (W2K Pro/XP Pro) doesn't support multiple websites and you're stuck using "subwebs" for multiple sites.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally posted by Doug G
    The server version of IIS will allow you to set up multiple websites. The workstation version (W2K Pro/XP Pro) doesn't support multiple websites and you're stuck using "subwebs" for multiple sites.
    Thanks for replies guys.
    Another convinient Microsoft product huh? grrrrrr...
    Sweet smell of a great sorrow lies over the land. Plumes of smoke rise, merge into the leaden sky. A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers, but awakes to a morning with no reason for waking. He's haunted by the memory of lost paradise. In his youth or dream, he can't be precise. He's chained forever to a world that's departed. It's not enough, it's not enough.
    Gilmour

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo