1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Network Share and Credentials

Okay first I will explain my setup and then I will explain the problem.

Setup:

I have a computer running Windows 2000 Server (Computer A)with FAT32 (hence no domains only WORKGROUP) with RRAS and IIS running. The RRAS has NAT installed so a Windows 2000 Pro. (Computer B) can get to the internet. Computer B is also in the WORKGROUP. Now, I have setup FTP Server on Computer A through the IIS and it works fine. I also have been able to share a drive on computer B. I can also map the drive on B on the A computer. I am using username: Server-XC and Password: ****.
    On Computer B I have created a user Server-XC so that computer A can access the shared folder on B, and I can plus I can map the shared drive on A.

Problem:

On my FTP server (A), I wanted to use my shared folder on B as a virtual directory. So, I went to new -> virtual directory. Then went though the setup wizard. Where I entered the path to my shared folder on B then I proceded to enter my username and password as if I would to normally gain access to Computer B. However, it did not work it keep coming up with invalid username or bad password. Now I checked the username and password several times tried at least 20 different combinations to get it to authorize, but it never will. Now I can still map a network drive using these username and passwords, and I can still logon to the machine using these username and password. So I am kinda confused as to what to do next. Remember I'm not using domains just workgroups and yes they are both in the workgroup WORKGROUP.

Thanks for responding!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Okay I fixed that problem by just making my server Domain-based thanks for reading anyway. Now, I'm having VPN issues. :lol: it never fails you get one thing working and something else doesn't.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo