I have a Netgear router that is connected with 2 computers. One of this computer I like to have my web site hosted on. I am connected through a cable modem. I have done everything correctly but people still cannot access to my site. Here are the followings that I have went through.
1. Installed Windows XP Pro and IIS 5.1 that came with Windows XP
2. Setup my Netgear router with manual IP Address (router being 192.168.0.1) and port forwarding to 192.168.0.2 (this is my web computer)
4. I am using DirectUpdate software with zoneedit.com as my Dynamic DNS
Everything seems to be done correctly. The problems are:
1. I can only access my site by typing http://localhost.
I cannot see my web site by typing in http://www.mysite.com.
The error came back as:
Cannot find server or DNS Error
2. When I go to another computer that is not on my network. I can ping the site .. but the same error (from above) came back when I typed in http://www.mysite.com
3. By the way .. does anyone know of anysite that allows us to type in a URL and it test the site for us .. right now, I have to keep asking a friend to test my site out.
thank you very much,