1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

About the parameter "Max Connections" for IIS

Hi! I am quite confused about the setting "Max Connections" for IIS!
    Is it identical to the setting "MaxClient" for Apache Server?
    Why are there still two client which can connect to the server at the same time while I set the Max connections of this server limited to 1 connection?
    Does it directly affect the CPU utilization?
    Thank you for the help?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I have never tried to restrict the max connections below 10. I don't know if you should expect it to work. If it's an "instantaneous" measurement and not a session measurement perhaps you really never had more than one simultaneous connection.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Doug G
    I have never tried to restrict the max connections below 10. I don't know if you should expect it to work. If it's an "instantaneous" measurement and not a session measurement perhaps you really never had more than one simultaneous connection.
    Thank for you reply!
    I am just confused about the meaning of the "max simultaneous". Does that mean the maximum number of " simultaneous" connections? For the above example, the sever accepted two clients. Actually, it just accept them one by one. One client is accepted and another one must be disconnected at the same time. Is that right? Thank you very much!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by appforce
    Thank for you reply!
    I am just confused about the meaning of the "max simultaneous". Does that mean the maximum number of " simultaneous" connections? For the above example, the sever accepted two clients. Actually, it just accept them one by one. One client is accepted and another one must be disconnected at the same time. Is that right? Thank you very much!
    I am not 100% sure, perhaps there is more info on MSDN or IISFAQ.com
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo