1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Php 5.3.3 on II 6.0(windows server 2003)

Hi,

I had installed PHP 5.2.5 earlier on my system and phpinfo() was displaying correctly. But mysql module was missing and hence I decided to upgrade to php 5.3.3. But after the upgrade the browser while executing phpinfo() still displays the details of the older version. When I ask for php version via command prompt it shows me 5.3.3. I have searched and searched but couldn't find anything. I am using pear DB module to connect to the database and it works fine locally but when accessed via browser doesn't work and gives DB Error: Extension not found. But i have php_mysql.dll file in my php\ext folder and I have mentioned the correct path in the php.ini file.

Also, while installing php 5.3.3 using windows installer I used "Do not setup a web sever option" in the "setup a web server wizard'. Is that alright? I have configured IIS to use phpisapi.dll to execute php extension. Would this work with IIS 6.0? I am not uding CGI or FastGCI.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Charmie
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There should be some documentation about php on IIS6 on the php website. It sounds like your mapping for the .php extension is still pointing to the old php directory.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. How do I know where is the problem? It shows the correct version through commandline but not via a browser. Also, i have to connect to a mysql database through php and I can do it locally through cmd but when I use the same code in a webpage it shows DB Error: Extension not found.
    I am using pear module.

Thanks a lot again,
    charmie
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Using command line php has nothing to do with IIS.

You need to locate the proper documentation for installing php 5.3 on IIS6 which will describe what settings in IIS get changed and what values should be used. I don't know, php isn't from Microsoft and isn't part of IIS6 so there won't be anything in the IIS documentation about installing php.

Maybe someone in the php forum knows, but last time I installed php on IIS there was a nice document that came with the php download.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo