1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Serving file with the same url but in network drive

Hello All,
    I have a website and i am serving some html files on the home folder of that website urladress /myfile.html

mywebsite.com is under c:\MyWebsite folder of the local computer and myfile.html is under that folder.

Now I am having some problems on disk space. I am going to use a mapped network drive K:\ which is on another computer in the same network.

My question is, I still want same file to be served with urladress /myfile.html, but this time this file will be on K:\ drive and will be deleted from C:\MyWebsite folder.
    It is very important that i need to access it via urladress /myfile.html. Do you think this is possible? If so how?

Your help is highly appreciated.
    Kind Regards
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I cant use any alias like urladdress/data/myfile.html because I have traffic from google and can not change the url address of my files
    Originally Posted by rookiedeveloper
    Hello All,
    I have a website and i am serving some html files on the home folder of that website urladress /myfile.html

mywebsite.com is under c:\MyWebsite folder of the local computer and myfile.html is under that folder.

Now I am having some problems on disk space. I am going to use a mapped network drive K:\ which is on another computer in the same network.

My question is, I still want same file to be served with urladress /myfile.html, but this time this file will be on K:\ drive and will be deleted from C:\MyWebsite folder.
    It is very important that i need to access it via urladress /myfile.html. Do you think this is possible? If so how?

Your help is highly appreciated.
    Kind Regards
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you map the drive it will appear as local to your computer; though it's really located on another machine. That should work for you shouldn't it? You won't have to adjust the address at all.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo