1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

how to setup dynamic IP in IIS server

Hi,

Does anybody know how to set up how to setup dynamic IP in IIS server? I couldn't find any help regarding this.

thanks!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Could you be a bit more specific? By default, a server will run by whatever IP it's handed. Will the server only receive 1 IP? How often does it change? Should the site it passes on be based on the IP? What's the reason/goal in your question?
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi,

My ISP give me dynamic IP and I have dynamic domain name set up. So whenever my IP is changed, dynamic ddns will update this and still send the traffic to my new IP.
    In the IIS site binding setup, I have entered one of the internal IP and in the host name I have entered my domain name(which is already registered) but the site is not showing up.
    This works with apache but not with IIS.

I hope the problem is clear.

thanks

I hope the problem is clear.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

When attempting to view the default page, are you trying this from just your PC? Just the server? Both? If a site is bound to an IP, traffic from exterior may arrive via a public IP, but if that IP is not forwarded, as it sounds you've local IPs on your server, IIS may be attempting to use the external IP, which sits at your router and will fail. If you attempt this using JUST IPs, and attempt to view the default site from a browser on the server using any of its own IPs, do you succeed?
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  9. No Profile Picture

hi,

after few days(1 or 2 days) it was working fine, so i think it takes time to properly setup the DNS or something like that.

thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo