1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

SMTP (Web Server) does not point to new SMTP Server

I currently have an application I am supporting. I was given no documentation on it. The way it works is it connects to a database server collects information, formats it and then sends it to recipients via an email in outlook.

I have been tasked with changing the SMTP IP value to point to a new SMTP IP. I have amended the web config and the default.aspx SMTP Value to point to the new IP. I run the website and expect when I check the options in the received mail to have the message sent through the new web server however it still sends from the old one.

I am baffled as I have searched throughout the code and cannot find any other references. I have even downloaded an application to open up the DLL file but cannot find anything in that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Did you visit the server IIS manager and review all the SMTP settings for the server? Perhaps there is a relay domain defined. I haven't used IIS SMTP since around IIS5 but I assume there is still a section in the IIS manager for SMTP.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo