1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy WCF Service is showing error after implemented in IIS

Inmy project i am using Microsoft enterprise library to connet to database. It is working fine when i run the application from Visula studio directly. But this is showing error connecting to database when hosted in IIS on same machine. I have added log trace and got the following error

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database", name = "(none)". Exception occurred while: while resolving. Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The type Database cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value. ----------------------------------------------- At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database,(none) | Exception:Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type Database, key "" ---> Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database", name = "(none)". Exception occurred while: while resolving. Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The type Database cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value. ----------------------------------------------- At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database,(none) ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type Database cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value.
    at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.GuardTypeIsNonPrimitive(IBuilder Context context, SelectedConstructor selectedConstructor) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlanCreatorPolicy.CreatePlan(IBuilderContext context, NamedTypeBuildKey buildKey) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable1 resolverOverrides)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable1 resolverOverrides) at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key) at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService](String key) at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DatabaseFactory.InnerCreateDatabase(String name)
    My web.config of service is contains as below

Code:
    <configSections>     <section name="log4net" type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net"/>     <section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data"/>   </configSections> <dataConfiguration defaultDatabase="OracleConnection">     <providerMappings>       <add databaseType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Oracle.OracleDatabase, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data" name="Oracle.DataAccess.Client"/>     </providerMappings>   </dataConfiguration>   <connectionStrings>       <add name="OracleConnection" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" connectionString="User Id=***;Password=****;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=*****)(PORT=1500)) (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME =*****)));"/> <add name="SybaseConnection" connectionString="providerName=Sybase.ASEOLEDBProvider;Server=****;Port=5050;Catalog=**;User Id=***;Password=****"/>       </connectionStrings>
    I tried a lot but unable to find the cause of issue. I checked the permission on the folder and Everyone has full control. WCF Service in IIS is Anonymus accesss enabled.

Could anyone please help?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Did you get this resolved? I'm no help, I haven't used IIS since around IIS5
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo