1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Deploy On Demand error - tempAgent

I am trying to perform a sync using the tempAgent feature, because I am not allowed to install the app on my servers. I have attempted to test the Sync operation using the tempAgent feature in two different test environments.

Environment 1: Two IIS 6 servers

Environment 2: Two IIS 7 servers

Regardless of the environment, when running the sync command it fails with the following error:

Info: Using ID '4b8b974b-1d70-45a3-98bf-e676b7c25466' for connections to the rem
    ote server.

Error Code: ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE
    More Information: Could not connect to the destination computer ("win-1i91hcaoec
    o"). On the destination computer, make sure that Web Deploy is installed and tha
    t the required process ("Web Deployment Agent Service") is started.
    Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    Error count: 1

I am using the following command:
    C:\webdeploy\x64\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy V2>msdeploy -verb:sync -source:apphost
    config -dest:auto,computername=WIN-1I91HCAOECO,username=administrator,password=P
    @ssword,tempagent=true

There are no firewalls between the VM's and no local firewalls active. I have verified with telnet that I can connect to the destination machines successfully. I am using an admin account to run the command. I ran Process Monitor to capture system activity while the commad was running, and I can verify that the source is connecting to the destination and creating the Temp directory as stated in the documentation. I cannot figure out why I am getting the DESTINATION NOT REACHABLE ERROR.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am configuring a massive number of web servers and the On Demand feature would make my life a lot easier if I could get it to work.

Thanks, Jason
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Resolved

I resolved this myself...

The problem was related to the fact that I was using instructions for v. 1 but I extracted the temporary install files from v. 2.

After extracting files from v.1 MSI it worked correctly.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo