1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy phpMyAdmin Wrong username/ password. access denied

I am pretty green re: PHP4.3.4 /MySQL 4.0.16 and having spent the last 15 hrs installing and configuring PHP & MySQL for IIS 5.0 I have come up against a brickwall with phpMyAdmin.

I keep getting IIS 'Enter Network Password' dialog box with username, password and domain fields.

I have duly completed these fields on each occassion only to be
    presented with

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.5.4

Wrong username/password. Access denied.

Any suggestions on overcoming this problem???
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If it's IIS prompting for authentication, make sure the IUSR_computername has permissions to all the web pages you're using.

It may be MySQL that needs the correct authentication, refer to the MySQL and/or MyPHPAdmin docs.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have checked that IUSR_computername has access to all webpages

I have also reviewed myphpadmin config doc to ensure auth_type set to http, no user or password set.

However, i have applied passwords to mysql through cmd line......could this be the problem?

I am still not able to get into to phpmyadmin homepage .....still wrong username/password. Access denied

utterly frustrated

rb2
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You could temporarily (stress temporarily) grant administrator permissions to the IUSR_ account. If that fixes your problem look for any folder or file including any linked files like graphic files that might need permissions changing.

If you still have the problem when the IUSR is an administrator look in your mysql server setup.

If you already have users authenticating to IIS prior to trying myphpadmin, IIS will be operating in the user context of whoever logged in and that user will need the appropriate permissions.

If you do the administrator IUSR trick don't forget to remove administrator privileges as soon as you're done testing!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo