1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Accessing COM+ comp. from Client Machine

..Hi All Brainies on COM+ ,

Just help me out ... I have a Com+ Component running on the Server and I exported and made MSI files for that component and ran in the Client Machines, now my prob is that, It works fine only if I have logged in as an Administrator in the client Machine, If I log in as any other user , i am unable to access the component, its throws an error saying, Type Mismatch..But it works fine with an Administraor Login..

I am a novice user to COM+ so it would be appreciated if any of you COM+ Masters could help me out of this mess...

the different Suggstion that I got from others are as below

""the user logged in on the client machine requires permission to execute the dll on both the client and server.""
    But I couldn't c any DLL with a name similar to the Component registered on the Server. (what type of files will be available on the Client Machine, when Installed an MSI file )

""the dll requires read access to the relevent registry keys on the server ""

But how do we provide read access for the Registry keys ??

Replies would be highly appreciated

Thankx in Advance

Sam
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Check the DCOMCNFG settings...

Run DCOMCNFG at client machine and
    go to Default Security tab.
    click Edit Default buttons in all the frames and include Everyone full access/control.

Originally Posted by sam2004
    ..Hi All Brainies on COM+ ,

Just help me out ... I have a Com+ Component running on the Server and I exported and made MSI files for that component and ran in the Client Machines, now my prob is that, It works fine only if I have logged in as an Administrator in the client Machine, If I log in as any other user , i am unable to access the component, its throws an error saying, Type Mismatch..But it works fine with an Administraor Login..

I am a novice user to COM+ so it would be appreciated if any of you COM+ Masters could help me out of this mess...

the different Suggstion that I got from others are as below

""the user logged in on the client machine requires permission to execute the dll on both the client and server.""
    But I couldn't c any DLL with a name similar to the Component registered on the Server. (what type of files will be available on the Client Machine, when Installed an MSI file )

""the dll requires read access to the relevent registry keys on the server ""

But how do we provide read access for the Registry keys ??

Replies would be highly appreciated

Thankx in Advance

Sam

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo