1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with uploading

Using iis7

I'm trying to setup uploading to my iis server, but I keep getting error 500 internal server error. I'm trying to use the sample uploadext.dll just to test it out, I have it in my root with the upload html pointing to that module. I have just about every permission I can think of enabled for the specific user, isapi-dll, the ntfs permissions to the target folder (c:\temp). If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Kyle
  3. No Profile Picture

I may need to give more details, but basically I'm using basic authentication with ssl, Like I said I'm trying to use the microsoft uploadext.dll module from (download.microsoft.com/download/iis40/sample47/1/W9XNT4/EN-US/UPLOADEX.EXE)
    I've given execute permissions, enabled read/write for aspclassic/isapi-dll with verbs GET and POST also allowed for the basic user. According to the MS writeup on this .dll, by default it's supposed to upload whatever is sent, to c:\temp (which I've made), but I'm getting 500 error still; kind of at a stand-still. If anyone knows of a good writeup for setting up basic file uploading for iis7, that would be great. Thank you
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you sure the upload dll you're trying to use is compatible with IIS7? The url you showed hints that the download was for IIS 4.0 (i.e., ancient).

There are lots of asp componentless upload scripts. Google should turn up something for you, I'd go that route rather than installing some component. I don't use asp.net, upload functionality may be built-in in that environment.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply Doug, it's true that's pretty old, it's supposed to be a sample isapi upload handler, which by default isapi is disabled in iis7 because it's old and bc of security flaws, but it seemed like the easiest approach to just get it working to try it out. If someone knows of a more simple method that doesn't require installing a module or handler, plz let me know.
  9. No Profile Picture

ok I switched over to form authentication, and also found a nifty .aspx that allows uploading, I have the .aspx file and a aspx.cs that directs where the file will be uploaded; only problem I have now is everytime I try to browse to that .aspx it redirects me to login, which I login and it redirects over and over etc. Is there an authorization I need to set to access .aspx or .aspx.cs pages? Thanks
  11. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

It sounds to me like some file permissions somewhere need to be adjusted for your new script.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  13. No Profile Picture

got it working

it was definitely an aspx permission issue, however when I created an authorization in IIS7, it would not allow access, but I used the asp.net configuration from visual web express and added permission in the same way and it started working, I'm thinking it had something to do with how it writes to web.config. Anyways, all fine now, thanks for your help.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

I'm glad you got it solved.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo