1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation 404 Error with trailing slashes in URL

I have a web application I'm trying to install that has URLs in the format of "somewebsite.com/subdir/index.cfm/about-us/" Every time I go to a page with something after the .cfm extension in the URL, and ending in a /, like "/about-us/", I get a 404 error.

I know that our server is set up to read URLs like this without the trailing slash because something like "somewebsite.com/subdir/post.cfm/about-us" will work, but as soon as I add the / at the end, I get the 404 error. We need to have the ability to read URLs with slashes at the end because we're setting up this new application that uses those very frequently.

Are there any IIS 6 settings or mappings that we might need to set up?

Thanks,
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

review your default document settings and if you allow directory indexes or not.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Doug G
    review your default document settings and if you allow directory indexes or not.
    Could you be a little more specific? Sorry if this is pretty basic info, but I'm not a server admin. I can't see our server settings, and I need to tell our admins exactly what to look for. What does the "allow directory indexes" option do exactly?

thanks again.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You could look here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815127
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo